Enjoyment and Fun are Priceless, but Dosa is not

Well..well...well, I had my day and guess what was the occasion...it was my 23rd birthday. Some people cut cakes and some people make a birthday party at their home. I did neither but one thing is for sure, I had no less fun than what they can get.

Woke up from morning after getting, what they call a 'GPL'(Don't even dare to ask the full form). It was a sweaty encounter with the bed as I woke up virtually boiling, but it was not too late when I realized that the wind got the better of me. All my confidence to overcome the weather resulted in complete failure. I had to take the shelter of my jacket.

Much to the delight of my black lower garment(which includes my super-formal trouser and the only black pair shoe), it was raining outside. Trust me...Garia, will be the last place you would like to end up in a watery situation(pardon my english again)..Anyways by the time I had reached the Haunted Palace(don't read it place), my outlook had some different artistry on it, thanks to the rain and the AS3 bus(the least said, the better it is).

Reaching the destination, I had a task to complete which was delayed to a good 20 minutes but ultimately it was done, but somehow it lacked perfection. Some knew and some didn't. For those who knew it was another opportunity to follow the tradition, after which I was bound to shout my lungs out in pain. I already had my purse loaded as I knew that I wont be spared, I just waited for a signal and when I got one...I had to give them a treat (as if I had another choice...did I?). I thought that it will be better to give a early morning breakfast than a mid day lunch, the reasons to which are quite obvious. But, special thanks to some of my "She-Friends"(...as the term girl friends always gets dealt incorrectly) who went for early breakfast, my idea shattered into pieces or perhaps they simply poured water in it. The moment made me remember the truely beautiful lines of the famous poem called "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"


"Water, water, every where,
Not any drop to drink."


Anyways...I had to do it. So, invited all my IT mates to the Dosa treat in the lunch time. It felt great to invite someone especially when you are host. Some even didn't knew what was the occasion...but after coming in 4th year, they showed maturity.

Dosa was on by 1:15 PM as we went to the Money Submission Machine- "The Dosa Stand"...Some of them wanted to have "Doi Bada"(in Bengali) or "Dahi Wada"(in Hindi)...that included the two Wo-Mans "Sohini" and her so called Step-Mom "Shreya" whereas baba of Sohini, Baidyanath"Puro Vat" Dutta went for the Dosa, two others that wanted to go for a Distributed Shared Memory System which were Joyita and Priyanka Mkc (What does that MKC Mean)..also went for the Wada. The last remaining girl Ekata(She gets angry when you call her Ekta...call her EKOTA...I hope I am pronunciating it correctly)  was happy with the "default" of the Switch(Menu).


Rest of us were happy with the Custom made Dosa...call it Masaaaaaala Dosa("thoda pyaar se"). It was fun after that, (except for the Money giving away to the Dukan-daar). Enjoyed a lot with a smile in my heart. Really....mazza aya...bhishon bhalo laglo. I had to convey them a special message, "Do not convey the Treat Festival to other boys and girls who were not a part


We had some photo session and it was real fun...


Group Pic....

Girls (the two Painers infront- Sohini and Shreya) eating with the She

Abhay "_ of  _ " Bh(a)ushan, Vivek "Slow" Kumar

Baidyanath "Mr. Vatist" Dutta

Tejesva"Mr. Hacker"Dogger and Me

This is why we call him Bhooka....Srinjoy "Bhooka" Das

Group Pic and I did miss I important call...Still dont know who was the caller as I cant
just ring back anymore

Group pic no. three

Smiling faces all around....cool pics


Truely speaking....The money went for a noble cause...by noble I mean the frantic Stomachs of my fellow colleagues (As Dinnu Bhai called).


The height of ************ (you can never guess that word) is that, some boys asked for sweet dish. I produced an instant response...


If I give You Sweets, then I wont be elligible to say...


"Dosto Tumne mera Namak Khaya hai"




My Birthday Gift for Myself:
You are smart enough to understand why the Sandisk pouch is empty


The day was special...and much to my very own delight I purchased a new memory card. Mihir "President Bhai" was very supportive and caring in making me choose one...frankly speaking...its me who takes his earpieces most of the time in the lab as I feel more energetic while listening to Music. And it moreover helps you to keep your mental stability. Mihir "President Bhai" also misses some calls from his girlfriends thanks to me. So, you can understand why he was so caring this time.

Lastly I would like to say the words..(modifying what Lech Walesa said)....


"We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because friendship is priceless."
Share on Google Plus

About Debraj Banerjee

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

  1. He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare, And he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere

    BTW.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO :)

    ReplyDelete